The WordPress website is the first step of your business on the Internet, and you should start as soon as possible for just a few dollars a month! Click to “Start Now” and you can buy the hosting from Bluehost with discounted price and free domain name, that’s all you need for your blog.
“If your business is not on the Internet, then your business will be out of business.” – Bill Gates
Steps to start a WordPress Blog
- Step 1: Register domain name
- Step 2: Buy hosting for your blog
- Step 3: Connect your domain and your hosting
- Step 4: Install WordPress
Back to 2010, I started my first blog and was able to earn enough money to pay for my domain and hosting in just one week. I put the information about some particular courses on my website and the education center paid me +$100 for each student come from my site. Holla, from that time I realized that ANYONE can make money from blogging. And now I can work from home, have more time for my children and travel whenever I want.
If you’re looking to start a WordPress blog without paying too much, then choosing Bluehost web hosting may be your answer. Bluehost is of the best web hosts on the market and I personally recommended it to my friends and customers without any hesitation.
Bluehost provides one of the best WordPress hosting in 2016 ( remember that they were recommended by WordPress.org from 2005 ) and you can start your own blog with them for as low as $2.95 a month ( through my link ). You will also get a free domain name ( a $12 value ) once you purchase 12-month or longer plan. In my opinion, you should sign-up for the one-year hosting plan on Bluehost and you can save a lot of money. Plus, you cancel your plan and get your refund at any time, even after 8 or 9 months!
You may be thinking, “Hmm, I can just start with WordPress.com or Blogspot for free.” NOOOO… Don’t do that. There are so many reasons for why you should setup self-hosted WordPress with Bluehost, and why you should not go with WordPress.com or Blogspot.
If you are interested in making money off your WordPress blog then installing WordPress on a hosting, like Bluehost, is a MUST. It’s not very expensive AND you will get your branding domain for free (it’s very very very important ). You can freely control your layout, put the banner, run any advertisements, affiliate links, etc. with your WordPress blog on Bluehost while you can’t do them with WordPress.com or Blogspot. Most of the companies and advertisers will deny your application with Blogspot website ’cause they don’t think you are a professional one.
Why you should choose Bluehost for your WordPress website.
With my experiences as a developer and a WordPress user, Bluehost is the best WordPress hosting. Here are some reasons:
- Bluehost web hosting is easy to use. They provide 1-click installation script that can help to install WordPress blog with just one click no matter who you are. You don’t have to pay for the WordPress installation.
- They offer reasonable web hosting. You can start your own blog with just $2.95 per month.
- You get a free domain name with one-year (or longer ) hosting plan
- Bluehost web hosting offers 24/7 technical support via phone, email and live chat.
- Your self-hosted WordPress on Bluehost will appear much more professional to the readers than being on WordPress.com or Blogspot.
- It will be very easy to backup your website at any time with just a few clicks.
There are a lot of web hosting companies on the market, but Bluehost is surely the best. That’s why so many people are using Bluehost for their WordPress website.
1. Register domain name
Choosing the name of the domain is the same as selecting a company name – it takes a lot of time for thinking and consideration. The name of your domain is your identity on the Internet; You should make sure you choose a name that not only easy to find and memorable but also fits your business.
Here are some things you should care about the domain name:
– Make it easy to type.
The domain name that’s easy to type is critical to any online businesses. If you use a word with multiple spellings or slang, your customers will lose his way while finding your site.
– Keep it short.
Remember to keep the domain name short and simple. Your visitors will be mistyping or misspelling it if it’s too long or complicated.
– Protect and build your brand.
If you have a brand name, you should register a domain name related to it as soon as possible to prevent your competitor from stealing it.
– Be memorable
People are registering millions of new domain names every day, so finding a catchy and memorable domain is essential. If you have an idea about the name, share it with your family and friend to make sure it sounds appealing and they really like it
Once you decide to use the hosting service from Bluehost, the whole process would be much easier. You could easily get a free domain name from Bluehost for one year as long as you buy 12-month or longer package. Just pick a hosting plan, choose a domain name and you will be ready for next step.
2. Buy hosting for your blog.
Are you ready to start your WordPress website? Follow steps below to purchase the hosting for your blog
– Visit Bluehost, click to the “Get Started Now” on the homepage.
– Choose the right hosting package for your website.
– On “Sign up now” screen, type in your new domain name or enter your registered domain name.
– Enter account information, choose the package plan and input your payment information.
– Finally, you will need to enter a password. Remember that it’s a very important information so please use a strong one.
The basic plan is enough to start our first WordPress website so you don’t need to think about Plus and Business Pro plans at the moment. If you would like to build more sites, you can upgrade to another plan later ( only need to pay the difference ).
To get the best price for that package, you can visit Bluehost through my link. It will cost $2.94 per month if you choose the 36-month package. If you signup for the 24-month package, the price is $3.45 per month. If you are going to choose the 12-month package, the total price is only $53.40 a year ( it means $4.45 per month) and you still have FREE domain name. $4.45 per month is reasonable and it’s a great plan for you to start a WordPress blog.
The other item you can consider to pay or not is the Domain Privacy Protection, which is only $0.99 per month. Here is the explanation for that “The whois information for any domain name is available to anyone on the internet. Your whois information can be harvested by marketing companies, which will give you unwanted solicitations. When you add Bluehost Domain Privacy to your registration, the only information listed in the whois will be Bluehost”. Other than that, you should uncheck all other items that Bluehost sells because you don’t need them.
*. Why you should purchase at 12-month or longer hosting plan
– Got a free domain name ( worth $10 )
– Cheaper than pay monthly plan.
– Don’t have to remember to renew it every month. If you forget to renew your hosting, then your website will be down and you will lose your customers.
– You can cancel your package at any time and will get refunded for whatever you don’t use.
3. Connect your domain and hosting.
If you purchase the hosting and get free domain name with Bluehost, you can just skip this step.
You may register your domain name from other providers ( example Godaddy, Namecheap or Dynadot), then you will need to change the DNS of your domain name to connect it to your Bluehost hosting.
How to modify the DNS ( domain name servers ) of your domain on Godaddy to connect to your Bluehost hosting
– Log into your Godaddy account
– Click to “Manage” on domains section.
– Select the right domain name, click to setting icon and go to “Manage DNS”.
– Scroll down to “Nameservers” section and click to “Change” button.
– Enter your Bluehost name server information in the spaces and click to “Save Changes”. Your DNS entries should look like this: ns1.bluehost.com; ns2.bluehost.com.
How to add a domain to your Bluehost hosting
– Log into your Bluehost account
– Scroll down to “Domains” section
– Click to “Domain Manager” and then “Assign a domain to your cPanel account”
– Follow their step-by-step instruction.
4. Install WordPress
With the new tool from Bluehost, you can easily start a WordPress website without needed to download WordPress, create MySQL database or do other complicated things like before.
– Log into your Bluehost account
– Scroll down to “Website” section and click on “Install WordPress” button
– Click to “Get started” on next screen
– Choose the right domain name, just leave the “directory” field blank
Well done. Now you have your own WordPress blog installed. You can now work on the website design and publish your premium content.